Thetford museum to host fun winter activities for children
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland activities day is set to take over a Breckland Museum.
On Thursday, January 25 Thetford’s Ancient House Museum’s Mini Museum Club will be all about snowflakes and icicles.
Children can get messy making drippy icicles and frosty leaves, can use magnifying glasses, torches and buckets to hunt around the museum and see what items of the footprint trail they can collect, decorate a snowman, and learn how to create other crafts to take home.
Kathryn Knock, museum learning assistant, said: “We love to see the children enjoying learning, but we’re not sure who has more fun – the children or the adults with them.”
The session will run from 10.30am until 11.30am and will cost 50p per child, with accompanying adults free.
You may also want to watch:
At the next Mini Museum Club on February 22 teddy bears will take over the museum and on March 29 it will be all about dinosaurs.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told