Thetford museum to host fun winter activities for children
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland activities day is set to take over a Breckland Museum.
On Thursday, January 25 Thetford’s Ancient House Museum’s Mini Museum Club will be all about snowflakes and icicles.
Children can get messy making drippy icicles and frosty leaves, can use magnifying glasses, torches and buckets to hunt around the museum and see what items of the footprint trail they can collect, decorate a snowman, and learn how to create other crafts to take home.
Kathryn Knock, museum learning assistant, said: “We love to see the children enjoying learning, but we’re not sure who has more fun – the children or the adults with them.”
The session will run from 10.30am until 11.30am and will cost 50p per child, with accompanying adults free.
You may also want to watch:
At the next Mini Museum Club on February 22 teddy bears will take over the museum and on March 29 it will be all about dinosaurs.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office