Thetford museum to host fun winter activities for children
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland activities day is set to take over a Breckland Museum.
On Thursday, January 25 Thetford’s Ancient House Museum’s Mini Museum Club will be all about snowflakes and icicles.
Children can get messy making drippy icicles and frosty leaves, can use magnifying glasses, torches and buckets to hunt around the museum and see what items of the footprint trail they can collect, decorate a snowman, and learn how to create other crafts to take home.
Kathryn Knock, museum learning assistant, said: “We love to see the children enjoying learning, but we’re not sure who has more fun – the children or the adults with them.”
The session will run from 10.30am until 11.30am and will cost 50p per child, with accompanying adults free.
You may also want to watch:
At the next Mini Museum Club on February 22 teddy bears will take over the museum and on March 29 it will be all about dinosaurs.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
- 10 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack