Activities aplenty at Swaffham Infant School fete
- Credit: Archant
Falconry displays, archery and a barbecue were some of the activities that young and old alike enjoyed at a school fete.
The Swaffham Infant School event attracted many visitors despite over an hour of rain in the morning.
Gazebos were put up and the usual fun and games went ahead, with the day – which is the school’s main fundraiser – compered by ‘Princess’ Eddie Gee.
There were opportunities for children to try archery, have a pony ride and everyone enjoyed the K G Falconry and Wildlife Control stand.
People could also have their faces painted, glitter tattoos, or hair braiding by teaching staff. The barbecue was busy serving burgers and hot dogs and the drink stall kept busy with some even enjoying ice creams.
You may also want to watch:
Taekwondo, gymnastics and dance displays were held, while the fire service came with a fire engine which the children enjoyed getting into.
The fun ended with a grand draw with some impressive prizes donated by local Norfolk companies, with the top prize of a short break family holiday at Kelling Heath.
- 1 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 10 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'