Activities aplenty at Swaffham Infant School fete
- Credit: Archant
Falconry displays, archery and a barbecue were some of the activities that young and old alike enjoyed at a school fete.
The Swaffham Infant School event attracted many visitors despite over an hour of rain in the morning.
Gazebos were put up and the usual fun and games went ahead, with the day – which is the school’s main fundraiser – compered by ‘Princess’ Eddie Gee.
There were opportunities for children to try archery, have a pony ride and everyone enjoyed the K G Falconry and Wildlife Control stand.
People could also have their faces painted, glitter tattoos, or hair braiding by teaching staff. The barbecue was busy serving burgers and hot dogs and the drink stall kept busy with some even enjoying ice creams.
You may also want to watch:
Taekwondo, gymnastics and dance displays were held, while the fire service came with a fire engine which the children enjoyed getting into.
The fun ended with a grand draw with some impressive prizes donated by local Norfolk companies, with the top prize of a short break family holiday at Kelling Heath.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital