Academy’s first prefects chosen
- Credit: Archant
A group of students at Thetford Academy are getting used to a new level of responsibility after they were named as the school’s first prefects.
The 40 students have donned their specially designed blazers for the first time, which sport silver braiding to mark the wearer out.
The academy has also selected a head boy and head girl for the first time.
Hayden Iles and Megan Clarke will take up the roles this year.
The move to prefects has been introduced by new principal, Adrian Ball, who was appointed to the school in September.
You may also want to watch:
An Ofsted report detailing the school’s progress since it was placed into special measures was also released publically this week.
The report is available via the Ofsted website.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11