Academy’s first prefects chosen
- Credit: Archant
A group of students at Thetford Academy are getting used to a new level of responsibility after they were named as the school’s first prefects.
The 40 students have donned their specially designed blazers for the first time, which sport silver braiding to mark the wearer out.
The academy has also selected a head boy and head girl for the first time.
Hayden Iles and Megan Clarke will take up the roles this year.
The move to prefects has been introduced by new principal, Adrian Ball, who was appointed to the school in September.
You may also want to watch:
An Ofsted report detailing the school’s progress since it was placed into special measures was also released publically this week.
The report is available via the Ofsted website.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads