Academy’s first prefects chosen
- Credit: Archant
A group of students at Thetford Academy are getting used to a new level of responsibility after they were named as the school’s first prefects.
The 40 students have donned their specially designed blazers for the first time, which sport silver braiding to mark the wearer out.
The academy has also selected a head boy and head girl for the first time.
Hayden Iles and Megan Clarke will take up the roles this year.
The move to prefects has been introduced by new principal, Adrian Ball, who was appointed to the school in September.
You may also want to watch:
An Ofsted report detailing the school’s progress since it was placed into special measures was also released publically this week.
The report is available via the Ofsted website.
- 1 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Community supermarket provides lifeline - and now more are to open
- 4 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 10 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain