A11 to be closed overnight so road markings can be repainted
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A main route through the heart of Norfolk is to be closed overnight so road markings can be repainted.
Highways England will begin road marking renewal on the A11 between Thetford and Barton Mills this week.
The road will be closed on weeknights between 8pm and 6am, with a clearly signed diversion route in both directions.
That will point motorists to the A1065 to Mundford and the A134 to Thetford.
The work will coincide with a series of overnight lane closures along the A11 in Cambridgeshire to allow trees, plants and vegetation to be cut back.
You may also want to watch:
Similar work will be taking place on the A11 between the Fiveways roundabout and junction 38 of the A14 until late March.
Both of those works will take place on weeknights, with lane closures between 8pm and 6am.
For the latest updates, check our live online traffic map.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 6 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000