New drive-thru Costa coming to the A11
- Credit: Archant
A new coffee shop will be coming to a major route in and out Norfolk after plans for the drive-thru were approved.
The proposal to build a coffee shop, restaurant and drive-thru at Thetford service station west, on the A11, has been approved by Breckland Council.
The plans, submitted by Motor Fuel Limited, do not state what the new business will be called but it describes the branding as being a mix of white and western red. It is understood that it will be a Costa Coffee outlet.
Motor Fuel Limited is partnered with the UK's most popular coffee chain Costa. The service station currently has a Costa Express but not a full-sized outlet.
Currently the site has a BP petrol station, Greggs and Stone Willy's Kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The plans were recommend for approval by a case officer from the council who said: "It would provide employment opportunities within the district and enhance service facilities available along the A11."
- 1 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 2 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 3 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 4 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 5 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Police still at scene of serious crash between van and motorcycle
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash