Major Norfolk road will be closed for ‘some time’ after serious crash
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
A major Norfolk road is currently closed due to a crash.
A crash caused the A11 to close for a number of hours tonight.
It happened around 7.20pm and Norfolk Police closed the road between Thetford and Larling after what the Highways Agency described as “a serious incident”.
Traffic southbound - the lane in which the collision happened - and northbound came to a standstill.
Highways England said the road would be closed for “some time” and they expected it would be clear between 2.30am and 2.45am tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Emma Parkinson was stuck on the northbound carriageway.
She said northbound traffic started moving again around 8.40pm, but those on southbound remained at a standstill.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 7 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 8 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
Both southbound lanes remained closed while police investigations continued.