Major Norfolk road will be closed for ‘some time’ after serious crash
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
A major Norfolk road is currently closed due to a crash.
A crash caused the A11 to close for a number of hours tonight.
It happened around 7.20pm and Norfolk Police closed the road between Thetford and Larling after what the Highways Agency described as “a serious incident”.
Traffic southbound - the lane in which the collision happened - and northbound came to a standstill.
Highways England said the road would be closed for “some time” and they expected it would be clear between 2.30am and 2.45am tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Emma Parkinson was stuck on the northbound carriageway.
She said northbound traffic started moving again around 8.40pm, but those on southbound remained at a standstill.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Student thanked for 'thoughtful offer' to cut Boris Johnson's hair
- 10 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled
Both southbound lanes remained closed while police investigations continued.