Major Norfolk road will be closed for ‘some time’ after serious crash
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
A major Norfolk road is currently closed due to a crash.
A crash caused the A11 to close for a number of hours tonight.
It happened around 7.20pm and Norfolk Police closed the road between Thetford and Larling after what the Highways Agency described as “a serious incident”.
Traffic southbound - the lane in which the collision happened - and northbound came to a standstill.
Highways England said the road would be closed for “some time” and they expected it would be clear between 2.30am and 2.45am tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Emma Parkinson was stuck on the northbound carriageway.
She said northbound traffic started moving again around 8.40pm, but those on southbound remained at a standstill.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
Both southbound lanes remained closed while police investigations continued.