'It's chaos'- Long delays and diversions as A11 shut between Thetford and Attleborough
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Drivers are being warned to expect delays and diversions while part of the A11 is closed for repairs.
The main route is currently closed in both directions between the A1075 Thetford Road junction, near Thetford and the Ellingham junction at Attleborough.
One driver who contacted the EDP described conditions as "chaos".
The man, who signed his message Paul, said: "It is closed for road works but there are no signs telling so until you reach there.
"There are cars everywhere trying to get back on the A11. The diversions are even bringing drivers back into Norwich."
You may also want to watch:
Southbound traffic is being diverted from Thickthorn junction via the A47/Norwich Southern Bypass and follow the A140, then the A1066 before rejoining the A11 at Thetford, while northbound traffic is being asked to follow the same route in reverse. The diversion is expected to add 20 minutes to journey times.
Highways England said: "We're carrying out essential resurfacing work on the A11 between the A1075 roundabout at Thetford and the Ellingham Junction at Attleborough on the northbound and southbound carriageways. During this work, we’ll also be refreshing faded road markings, doing drainage work and replacing safety barriers, damaged signs and reflective road studs."
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager
The A11 is expected to reopen on Monday morning.