A11 closed at single carriageway stretch
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.Emergency services were called to a three vehicle collision between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.
Emergency services were called at about 7.20am after a three vehicle collision closed the road between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said there were no injuries, but the A11 had been closed in both directions to allow the recovery of the cars.
The road was reopened at 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
The crash comes a day after a pre-inquiry hearing into the dualling of the last single carriageway stretch of the A11 between Thetford and Barton Mills. A public inquiry is set to start on November 24.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 6 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 7 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results