A11 closed at single carriageway stretch
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.Emergency services were called to a three vehicle collision between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.
Emergency services were called at about 7.20am after a three vehicle collision closed the road between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said there were no injuries, but the A11 had been closed in both directions to allow the recovery of the cars.
The road was reopened at 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
The crash comes a day after a pre-inquiry hearing into the dualling of the last single carriageway stretch of the A11 between Thetford and Barton Mills. A public inquiry is set to start on November 24.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees