A11 closed at single carriageway stretch
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.Emergency services were called to a three vehicle collision between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
Rush hour commuters were this morning being urged to avoid the A11 after a multi-vehicle shunt caused the closure of the single carriageway stretch.
Emergency services were called at about 7.20am after a three vehicle collision closed the road between the Elveden crossroads and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said there were no injuries, but the A11 had been closed in both directions to allow the recovery of the cars.
The road was reopened at 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
The crash comes a day after a pre-inquiry hearing into the dualling of the last single carriageway stretch of the A11 between Thetford and Barton Mills. A public inquiry is set to start on November 24.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 3 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone