Traffic on A11 slow after car fire
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A11 was shut after a car caught fire.
Traffic was moving slowly at the A1075 junction of the A11 near Thetford, following a car fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service pumps from Thetford, East Harling and Attleborough were called at around 1.40pm today (Monday, February 4) to the smoking Land Rover Discovery.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used compressed air foam to extinguish the fire.
Police closed one lane while waiting for a recovery vehicle, and fully reopened the road at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In a video taken by Marc MacRae it shows multiple police vehicles surrounding a blackened Land Rover.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 5 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 6 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney