Traffic on A11 slow after car fire
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A11 was shut after a car caught fire.
Traffic was moving slowly at the A1075 junction of the A11 near Thetford, following a car fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service pumps from Thetford, East Harling and Attleborough were called at around 1.40pm today (Monday, February 4) to the smoking Land Rover Discovery.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used compressed air foam to extinguish the fire.
Police closed one lane while waiting for a recovery vehicle, and fully reopened the road at 3.30pm.
In a video taken by Marc MacRae it shows multiple police vehicles surrounding a blackened Land Rover.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital