A11 at Thetford to be closed overnight for roadworks
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A main road through the heart of Norfolk is to be closed overnight so roadworks can take place.
The A11 will be closed at Thetford, between the Brandon Road and Mundford Road roundabouts, for two nights to allow Highways England - which looks after Britain’s motorways and A-roads - to complete “technology maintenance”.
On the first night, the northbound carriageway will be closed, with lane closures on the southbound carriageway.
The following night, traffic will be switched with a full southbound closure in place alongside lane closures on the northbound carriageway.
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
The work starts on Thursday, May 10, lasting two nights, with working hours of 9pm to 6am.
For live traffic updates, visit our online traffic map.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'