A11 at Thetford to be closed overnight for roadworks
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A main road through the heart of Norfolk is to be closed overnight so roadworks can take place.
The A11 will be closed at Thetford, between the Brandon Road and Mundford Road roundabouts, for two nights to allow Highways England - which looks after Britain’s motorways and A-roads - to complete “technology maintenance”.
On the first night, the northbound carriageway will be closed, with lane closures on the southbound carriageway.
The following night, traffic will be switched with a full southbound closure in place alongside lane closures on the northbound carriageway.
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
The work starts on Thursday, May 10, lasting two nights, with working hours of 9pm to 6am.
For live traffic updates, visit our online traffic map.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance