£56,000 play area opened at Mundford
A new children's play area has been opened at a Breckland village after a £56,000 fundraising effort.The facility at Mundford recreation ground was officially opened on Saturday.
A new children's play area has been opened at a Breckland village after a £56,000 fundraising effort.
The facility at Mundford recreation ground was officially opened on Saturday.
Previous equipment, some over 40 years old, was removed and sold for scrap to help raise the last few hundred pounds, and local parents helped to reduce costs by clearing the site and levelling the area.
The Mundford Recreation Ground and Village Hall Trust secured funding from the parish council, Breckland Council, Tesco Community Award Scheme, Garfield Weston, Norfolk Playing Field Association and Norfolk Rural Community Council.
You may also want to watch:
The largest grant received was for £30,000 from WREN, which administers the landfill community fund scheme for Waste Recycling Group.
Samantha Fricker, secretary of the Mundford Recreation Ground and Village Hall Trust, said the new timber play equipment aimed to stretch the imagination of the children in the village and give them somewhere nicer to spend their leisure time.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 5 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs