£56,000 play area opened at Mundford
A new children's play area has been opened at a Breckland village after a £56,000 fundraising effort.The facility at Mundford recreation ground was officially opened on Saturday.
A new children's play area has been opened at a Breckland village after a £56,000 fundraising effort.
The facility at Mundford recreation ground was officially opened on Saturday.
Previous equipment, some over 40 years old, was removed and sold for scrap to help raise the last few hundred pounds, and local parents helped to reduce costs by clearing the site and levelling the area.
The Mundford Recreation Ground and Village Hall Trust secured funding from the parish council, Breckland Council, Tesco Community Award Scheme, Garfield Weston, Norfolk Playing Field Association and Norfolk Rural Community Council.
You may also want to watch:
The largest grant received was for £30,000 from WREN, which administers the landfill community fund scheme for Waste Recycling Group.
Samantha Fricker, secretary of the Mundford Recreation Ground and Village Hall Trust, said the new timber play equipment aimed to stretch the imagination of the children in the village and give them somewhere nicer to spend their leisure time.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school