24 hour gym to open in town’s leisure complex
- Credit: Photo: Keith Mindham Photography
A new gym which allows 24 hour access will open in a town’s leisure complex.
The gym will be around 5,000sq ft in size and will include state-of-the-art equipment and will be fitted with screens to allow users to enjoy television, social media and Netflix.
The first Snap Fitness 24/7 in Norfolk, it will also host numerous classes, from core strength, to High-intensity interval training (HIIT), on-site and virtually.
It will fill three of the units at the £8m Riverside Complex, which have been vacant since it was opened officially in December 2016.
It will join the three-screen The Light cinema and 62-bed Travelodge, and Grand Central American Bar & Grill, which opened its doors in April last year.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Adrian Stasiak, Breckland Council’s executive member for assets, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Snap Fitness to Thetford Riverside. “The town’s £8m leisure complex is already popular with residents and visitors and this new deal will further improve the range of what’s on offer at the venue.”
The gym is currently being fitted and will open in the Autumn.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
It would be staffed during certain hours of the day but members would be able to enter the building using a key card to use the equipment throughout the night.
Discussions are also taking place with restaurant chains interested in taking the final 2,360sq ft unit.
It sits between Grand Central and the new gym and features outside seating overlooking the riverside park area.
Snap Fitness are looking for personal trainers and freelance instructors.
If you’re interested then send a CV to Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org