24 hour gym to open in town’s leisure complex
- Credit: Photo: Keith Mindham Photography
A new gym which allows 24 hour access will open in a town’s leisure complex.
The gym will be around 5,000sq ft in size and will include state-of-the-art equipment and will be fitted with screens to allow users to enjoy television, social media and Netflix.
The first Snap Fitness 24/7 in Norfolk, it will also host numerous classes, from core strength, to High-intensity interval training (HIIT), on-site and virtually.
It will fill three of the units at the £8m Riverside Complex, which have been vacant since it was opened officially in December 2016.
It will join the three-screen The Light cinema and 62-bed Travelodge, and Grand Central American Bar & Grill, which opened its doors in April last year.
Councillor Adrian Stasiak, Breckland Council’s executive member for assets, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Snap Fitness to Thetford Riverside. “The town’s £8m leisure complex is already popular with residents and visitors and this new deal will further improve the range of what’s on offer at the venue.”
The gym is currently being fitted and will open in the Autumn.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
It would be staffed during certain hours of the day but members would be able to enter the building using a key card to use the equipment throughout the night.
Discussions are also taking place with restaurant chains interested in taking the final 2,360sq ft unit.
It sits between Grand Central and the new gym and features outside seating overlooking the riverside park area.
Snap Fitness are looking for personal trainers and freelance instructors.
If you’re interested then send a CV to Ben.email@example.com