Land with plans to create new 'Grand Designs' eco home is for sale
- Credit: Savills
A rare chance to build your own sustainable home - in an impressive 'Grand Designs' style - has come up for sale in Kenninghall, south west Norfolk.
Kippers Meadow is for sale with Savills at a guide price of £500,000. It is currently a three-acre plot of woodland and meadow but has full planning consent to become a four-bedroom home.
According to Savills, the proposed property would sit to the south of the three-acre site and be landscaped to blend in with the countryside.
The construction would use traditional and modern building materials - including timber frames, ash cladding, sedum roof and structural glass - as well as solar panels to reduce its carbon footprint.
"This is such a clever design, as at the moment the site is unobtrusive and blends in with the countryside," says Savills' property agent Ben Rivett. "I doubt very much that this is going to change things - it will blend in and become a part of the landscape immediately."
You may also want to watch:
Inside, there will be a large open-plan kitchen, living and dining area, as well as a boot room and an en suite ground-floor bedroom.
Upstairs there is to be another en suite bedroom plus two further bedrooms and a family bathroom, with a mezzanine over the main living space.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 10 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
The plans also detail a landscape plan for the grounds, which will include a sweeping drive and a parking area set within a sculptured mound. There will also be a meadow, woodland, hedging and wildflower areas, with meandering walkways throughout.
For more information, contact Savills.
Garboldisham Road, Kenninghall
Guide price: £500,000
Savills, 01603 229229, www.savills.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.